Interesting (and scary) if true. Read the entire story.
From the African Press International (API) website;
Note: Byron York, from NRO’s The Corner reports:
That Michelle Obama Report [Byron York]
I’m sure a lot of you have seen references this morning to statements allegedly made by Michelle Obama in an interview with an organization called African Press International. I just asked the Obama campaign whether Michelle Obama did in fact speak to that organization, and spokesman Tommy Vietor answered:
“The answer is no, it’s not real, the report is made up. She did not speak to the organization.”
Given the Obama’s history of rewriting their history, take that for what it’s worth.
Quotes of note:
- Michelle Obama’s assertion that API was helping “spread rumours created by American bloggers and other racist media outlets
- Michelle Obama’s hope that “African Media was mature enough to be in the front to give unwavering support to her husband, a man Africans should identify themselves with.
- Michelle Obama expects: “African press International is supposed to support Africans and African-American view,”
- Michelle Obama believes that “American white racists are bringing up the issue of my husband’s adoption by His step father.”
- On the issue of Jerome Corsi’s detainment in Kenya while investigating Obama’s American citizenship, Michelle Obama told API not to dig that which will support evil people who are out to stop her husband from getting the presidency.
- Michelle Obama said: “it was unfortunate that Mr Farakhan came out the way he did supporting her husband openly before the elections was over.” That was not wholehearted support but one that was calculated to convince the American people that my husband will support the growth of muslim faith if he became the president, adding “even if my husband was able to prove that he is not a Muslim, he will not be believed by those who have come out strongly to destroy his chances of being the next President. Do real people expect someone to deny a religion when 80 percent of his relatives are Muslims?; Mrs Obama asked.
- Finally, Michelle Obama promised that a positive story “will earn API an invitation to her husband’s inauguration ceremony.