As you may have noticed, I’ve been twittering quite a bit about the Waxman Markey (Cap and Trade) bill.
Please contact your representative and tell them to vote no on this massive taxing/spending bill.
Rep. Robert Latta had a great video on this bill and it’s impact:
The Heritage Foundation has analysis. Among the ramifications:
1. Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion
2. Destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year
3. Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
4. Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
5. Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
6. Raise an average family’s annual energy bill by $1,500 annually
7. Increase the federal debt by 26 percent, which is $29,150 per person
Newt Gingrich provides a forum for finding your representative, their contact information and recording how many of us call, here. Or call the main switchboard at (202)224-3121. Vote expected today as you are finishing up a weeks’ work and looking forward to the weekend. Don’t let them slip this through when you aren’t looking.
Call and tell your representative they work for YOU, tell them YOU want them to vote NO and YOU will actively organize to ensure they do not get re-elected if they do not represent YOUR wishes. This is YOUR country, take it back, take back YOUR government.
Now go, get busy.
That Thomas Paine, he still speaks common sense.
Please view this video – it’s excellent! Then send your tea bags. I will be addressing my envelopes tomorrow.
It’s our country, take it back now!
We the People stimulus package
- All laws that apply to us should apply equally to congress.
- No more allowing them to vote themselves raises.
- Balance the federal budget – we have to live within our means, so must they.
- Make them pay into the social security.
- Term limits! The President is limited to two terms, so too should Congress be.
- Get your own 401 K plan. No more lifetime benefits for part time service
- Pay your own insurance premium. Maybe you’ll be more interested in how things really work.
- Throw them all! Vote out any member of Congress who did not read the spending bill before voting for it.
- With the saving from the above actions, take the money away from the corrupt and give it to the real defenders of our freedom – the armed forces, they never fail you
- Start no war unless you intend to win it.
- Make English the official language of the country
- Stop rewarding lawbreakers! No money for illegal aliens.
- Let the people elect the president – not special interests, PACS, media…
- Bring back Universal Service.
I think the huge bonuses being paid to AIG and other companies that have accepted federal ‘stimulus’ money are obscene. I also think in terms of P.R., it is incredibly stupid. However, let these companies run their own business. If I were a customer of AIG, I would move my business elsewhere. That is the way the free market is supposed to work.
Stop this insanity of government intervention and control.
Instead of that, the Congress has decided to profit on AIG’s stupidity:
Rep. Gary Peters [D-MI] introduced H.R. 1527: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to impose a higher rate of tax on bonuses paid by certain businesses owned by the Federal Government.
Technorati Tags: H.R. 1527,House Resolution,Government,Taxes,Bailout,Bloodsuckers