As you may have noticed, I’ve been twittering quite a bit about the Waxman Markey (Cap and Trade) bill.
Please contact your representative and tell them to vote no on this massive taxing/spending bill.
Rep. Robert Latta had a great video on this bill and it’s impact:
The Heritage Foundation has analysis. Among the ramifications:
1. Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion
2. Destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year
3. Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
4. Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
5. Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
6. Raise an average family’s annual energy bill by $1,500 annually
7. Increase the federal debt by 26 percent, which is $29,150 per person
Newt Gingrich provides a forum for finding your representative, their contact information and recording how many of us call, here. Or call the main switchboard at (202)224-3121. Vote expected today as you are finishing up a weeks’ work and looking forward to the weekend. Don’t let them slip this through when you aren’t looking.
Call and tell your representative they work for YOU, tell them YOU want them to vote NO and YOU will actively organize to ensure they do not get re-elected if they do not represent YOUR wishes. This is YOUR country, take it back, take back YOUR government.
Now go, get busy.